Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Amelia Kirby's Women's Tennis Student-Athlete Blog #3

Hello everyone!

This past Saturday we played Eureka at 9:00 am and Maryville at 3:00 pm. I was ranked #4 singles and #3 doubles. I was supposed to play singles and doubles against Eureka, but they only brought four girls. That only allowed for 2 doubles teams, and a win by forfeit. I won my singles match against Sarah Dvorsky 5-7, 6-4, 6-4. Our match lasted almost 2 hours, and we went to deuce four or more times on almost every point. I was unable to play against Maryville because of a wedding, but overall Blackburn defeated Eureka 8-1 and lost to Maryville 5-4.

We play Lewis & Clark on Monday. I'm glad because an athlete on their tennis team was on our team last year. I'm looking forward to seeing Dylan and having a friendly little competition between ol’ college pals. I most likely won’t play against Lewis & Clark because I rolled my ankle during my singles match against Eureka.

As I mentioned in my first post, I interviewed to be an Orientation Leader for the upcoming summer, and I was hired! This means I’ll live on campus over the summer, go through Orientation Leader training and help incoming students get acquainted with Blackburn and college life.

Amelia C. Kirby
(about Amelia)

No comments:

Post a Comment