Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kevin Hagenlocher's Men's Tennis Student-Athlete Blog #1

Hey Everybody! My name is Kevin Hagenlocher. I’m currently a sophomore at Principia College. Besides Tennis here are some of my other activities; I’m a member of the men’s Varsity Soccer team, PEC (Principia’s Entrepreneurial Club) I speak Spanish and play guitar. I’m a Business major so I’m working to complete my requirements for that as well. We just got back on campus to kick off our spring quarter and that means Tennis Season! Our team had an awesome Spring Break in Orlando, Florida. There we played Berry, Earlham, St. Scholastica, and Oglethorpe University. We had fun playing outdoors for the first time, seeing some tough competition, getting some good sun and team bonding. We were free the second week of spring break to go visit family and friends, many of us stayed in Florida or found another warm SB destination. Having just gotten back from spring break, it’s a little hard to deal with this winter-like weather. We’ve been practicing indoors in Hexberg Tennis Center this week because of the cold. Our women’s team has their first conference match today, so our team is going to support them. The men’s team is preparing for our first conference match against Eureka on Thursday and our two matches this upcoming Saturday. Over the course of my season, I ‘ll be keeping you guys updated on how we do as I team, how tennis is a part of my life, and what it’s like to balance school, athletics, and a social life as a college student. Hopefully it will be apparent that all of these aspects are a big part of my life and are preparing me for life after college. Now you know a little bit about me! Kevin Hagenlocher (about Kevin)

No comments:

Post a Comment