Sunday, November 14, 2010

Madison Fischer's Women's Basketball Student-Athlete Blog #1

Hello Everyone,
I’m now into my fourth week of basketball practice and so far all is going well. We were lucky to have returned eleven out of our twelve girls from last season! We are also excited to have five new girls join us this year! Every day of practice is challenging and always a competition as we strive to push one another to better our team as a whole. On the court my team plays very aggressively, but we try to leave this on the court rather than taking it into the locker room.

Off the court I’ve been spending my time hanging with friends, team bonding, working and studying. When I got a couple days off basketball over a weekend I headed up to Mizzou to hang with friends and go the homecoming game! When I got back to campus on Sunday my team got together to carve pumpkins. This proved especially fun for Yurie, a Japanese student and teammate at Fontbonne this semester. Class work and studying was pretty difficult when midterm fell on the first week of basketball; I had a lot of late nights and early mornings, but you have to do what you have to do.

“Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.”
- Robert Collier

Until Next Week,
Madison Fischer
Fontbonne University
(about Madison)

No comments:

Post a Comment