Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Madison Fischer's Women's Basketball Student-Athlete Blog #3

Hello Everyone,
The past two weeks I’ve been about as busy as Santa’s elves will be in the coming weeks. Meeting deadlines for paper after paper has kept me going.

The weekend before Thanksgiving my team left at 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning for Adrian, Michigan. We arrived in Adrian approximately 10 hours later, got checked into our hotel, and headed for the gym. We ended up losing our game that night, but fought back the next morning for an overtime win. Saturday afternoon was nothing more than a long drive back to St. Louis. After unloading the bus, I crawled into bed sometime around 1:00 a.m. Sunday morning.

Everyone was on the floor and ready to play our third game in three days by Sunday afternoon. The girls did great by pulling out another win. I didn’t hang around long after the game because I had three papers due in the next two days. I didn’t get much sleep that night or the next because I worked on the papers through both nights until the early mornings. Even with no practice on Monday I was still busy with school, but I knew if I could just make it until Tuesday afternoon I would only be one game away from Thanksgiving break!

We played a tough game against Missouri Baptist on Tuesday night and left for break after an exciting Griffin win. I had a fun night in St. Louis before I got to leave the next morning. I hung out with my family that had driven down to watch the game.

I left early Wednesday morning for home with Yurie, a Japanese exchange student and basketball teammate. The break was a blast! I am thankful for the time I got to spend with family and friends. Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and the football games weren’t too bad either. I was at the mall by 4:30 a.m. on Friday to get some pretty good deals! However, I enjoyed just spending time with little sister so I wasn’t too concerned about shopping. The following day we continued our family tradition of putting up the family tree.

To conclude, I must add one last highlight of Thanksgiving break- watching the MU vs. KU game- go Tigers! Before I knew it, Yurie and I were on our way to St. Louis for practice Sunday night. Now it’s back to routine- basketball and class.

“Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together.” – Vesta Kelly

Until Next Week,
Madison Fischer
Fontbonne University
(about Madison)

No comments:

Post a Comment