Thursday, January 27, 2011

Madison Fischer's Women's Basketball Student-Athlete Blog #5

Hello Everyone!

Welcome back from break! I hope you enjoyed your holidays as much as I enjoyed mine! I kept pretty busy once school got out and was overjoyed when coach told us he was allowing us a few extra days with our families. Since I go to school away from home and don’t get to go back to visit often, I jumped at the chance to head home early!

While at home I spent time catching up with friends and family. I even got first place at our family’s appetizer and dessert cook-off at the Christmas Eve party! I woke up early Christmas day and went to early church before heading to my grandparents. I spent the whole day playing games and spending time with family. I couldn’t ask for a better break!

I had to leave family the day after Christmas to make it back for practice that evening. However, I can’t complain because our team was on an airplane headed for Florida the very next morning. While in Florida I enjoyed our practices that consisted of running on the beach and practicing on a beachside court. I also enjoyed some almond joy ice cream, relaxing in the hammocks, paddle boats, miniature golf, and playing sand volleyball with the team! The most exciting part of my trip was taking the trolley around town with Julie and Calli!

As for basketball, we’ve been working hard to hang on as we ride through the season on a rollercoaster full of ups and downs. The season is flying by and coming to an end. The team is working hard and keeping our eye on the goal.

“A bend in the road is not the end of the road…unless you fail to make the turn.” – Author Unknown

Until Next Week,
Madison Fischer
Fontbonne University
(about Madison)

No comments:

Post a Comment