Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amelia Kirby's Women's Tennis Student-Athlete Blog #4

Hello Everyone! I cannot believe it has been SNOWING! I am certainly not a cold weather person. We were supposed to go to Greenville Friday and Saturday for the Greenville Tournament but unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, it was cancelled. I had a Spanish and Sociology test scheduled for Friday, but I had rearranged them due to our tennis matches. I must admit, I slacked on studying because I believed I would have more time to make them up. I found out at practice Thursday the Greenville Tournament was cancelled, but I had a Student Senate subcommittee meeting at 5:15, then we counted ballots for the Student Senate Presidential Election (congratulations to Jonathan Milton, by the way) then I had Spanish lab and finally our official Student Senate meeting. I didn’t get back to my room until 10:30. I knew I would have to take my tests the next morning, and if I didn’t, I would be penalized. I wish we could have played this weekend, but Blackburn was hosting “stay overs” and my roommate and I were selected to house a recruit for Friday night. I can only imagine how grumpy I would have been to be at a match all day, then to hang out until the wee hours of the morning and get up to play more tennis. We have a match on Tuesday at Principia and I’ll be playing #5 singles and #3 doubles with Kami Brimberry. It’s still chilly out, mostly cloudy. We have another match at Webster on Thursday and a Triangular Match on Saturday. Be not afraid of death, be afraid of the un-lived life. Amelia C. Kirby (about Amelia)

No comments:

Post a Comment