Sunday, April 10, 2011

Kevin Hagenlocher's Men's Tennis Student-Athlete Blog #2

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve given an update. Since last time I posted we’ve had a good amount of matches. We played Missouri Baptist, a tight match that we lost 5-4. That same Saturday we played Concordia Seminary, who we defeated 9-0. We also beat Eureka 9-0 to kick off conference play for the season. This past Friday we traveled down to Westminster for our second conference match. It was a beautiful day to play tennis and although we ultimately lost the match 8-1, there were some signs of good competition. Weston and myself had a solid doubles match at the number 1 spot. We forced a tiebreaker, but went on to lose. I won my singles match 6-0, 6-4 at the number 3 spot. That gives me some good confidence going into the SLIAC individual tournament this upcoming weekend. Yesterday we played Washington University, who is currently the number five nationally ranked team for Division III. Normally they play the bottom half of their lineup against us, but this time the players higher up the ladder on our team played Wash U’s best players. I lost both my doubles and singles match, but came out feeling successful and that I’ve raised my game up another notch. Back to back matches this weekend is making completing schoolwork a little tricky. I’ll sign off but give you guys another update soon! Kevin Hagenlocher (about Kevin)

No comments:

Post a Comment